After three hours of sleep I woke up, looked at the clock and spent the next 45 minutes trying to fall back asleep. I should have just gotten up. There was still so much to do. The girls and I went to breakfast with Michelle and her girls. I consider myself truly blessed to have found Michelle. To have such a kindred spirit around the corner was such a blessing.
After our goodbyes I met my Mom at the school (Tottenham Public) and she took the girls. I then went home to continue packing. The movers had arrived sometime before 9:30.
Stuff! I purged some, not tons. There was just, there is just so much stuff. There were three guys hauling boxes and furniture. Getting the bunk beds taken apart proved to be the ridiculous experience of the day - poor Ken. Cheryl, a Tottenham resident and cleaning woman who I met through the swap came to clean. She was awesome.
Just before 3 the truck was all packed up. The movers left and shortly after Ken left. Then it was up to me to finish cleaning and get the rest of the stuff in the van and get out.
That's when it finally got real. There's been so much to do for so long, and not that I did a great job packing, but it's been a busy summer. And sweeping out the rooms and looking around them for the last time it was sad. Really sad. I really did grow to love that little house. It was a great house - a great first home. There were so many happy things that happened in that home.
I made sure to copy out all the heights on a role of paper and take a pic of the back door.
And I took a selfie just before I left as I was really starting to lose it.
I have had such mixed feelings living in Tottenham. It never felt permanent. I never loved it, but I never hated it. It was a funny little town. I will miss the beautiful countryside. I will miss being able to walk to the post office and walk to the library. I will miss some truly wonderful people that blessed my life. I will miss 55 Lionel Stone. I will. I think I will need to grieve a little while.
Driving to Ajax today, I took the long way - hwy nine through Newmarket and then south around Uxbridge. It was a long beautiful drive and I felt a little calmer as I got to Ajax. But I also felt a little frantic, a little beside myself, a little world turned upside-down. Moving is a big deal!
Oh and one more thing - my silly fun! As I was driving through Newmarket, this happened.




1 comment:
Moving is a good challenge, sad and happy at the same time. Love your blog Wendy xx
Post a Comment