Monday, July 25, 2016

Heidi - Goodbye Seneca Falls

Thursday, July 13, 2023
Goodness! These events happened seven long years ago in a seemingly different life time. I vaguely remember starting this post. And coming back to it over the years, but never quite being able to get it together to write this post. It seems ridiculous now, but mostly I want to put the pics here. Mostly I want some of this remembered. Heidi and Todd and their amazing family were so close by for so many years, and then they weren't. I was looking for pictures for a long time today, pictures that I thought I took in July, only to realize that they were pics that I had taken in May and already published. That's the thing about memory. I don't remember this particular trip very well. There are snatches. The boxes piled high in the dining room. Heidi hosting us when she was up to her eye balls with a cross country move to California. The beginning of a distance that has grown. If you had told me in 2016 that I wouldn't see Heidi again in person until 2022, at Maggie's wedding, I'm not sure what I would have thought. Below is what I wrote. The only thing that I added today was the pictures.

Saturday
We left at a reasonable time and drove to Seneca Falls. I don't remember how many times we stopped, but it wasn't quite as bad as on the way down. Heidi was in the middle of packing when we got there. She's got a busy few weeks in front of her, but the house looked like it was in really good shape.

We decided to have a cookout down the hill.  - cook out - Yachting club



Sunday - church, napping, talking to Todd, a movie we didn't go to





Monday - goodbye, children's museum, fever




























No comments: