Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Zoo/Downtown Christmas Window Adventure

The weather has been so crazy warm, and it was beautiful out today.  The plan was to go downtown to see the windows at the Bay, and the Christmas Lights at City Hall.  Early afternoon and I was getting antsy so I suggested adding the zoo to the itinerary and Ken agreed! 

We were at the zoo for an hour and a half-ish, but it was great.  So beautiful outside!  The polar bear was awesome coming right up to the window, even rubbing his nose against the glass.  Poor Fiona fell off the ledge the first time he walked right by the window.  We didn't actually see many animals, but we still had fun.  We could hear one of the lions roaring.  We walked over the enclosure but there were none out.  The roar was intense!















Next we went to Kelsey's for dinner.  We all had a nice dinner, and then we drove downtown along Kingston Road.  The girls were antsy - are we there yet?  Was asked more than once!  We made an unplanned stop at Underpass Park looking for Corktown Common.  Someday Ken will see Corktown Common in real life!  I kind of parallel parked the mini van and the girls played for a few minutes.









We piled back in the van and drove to City Hall, parked underground and it was off to explore! The girls enjoyed walking around city hall and watching the skating.  They loved watching the skating, but the zamboni, we couldn't drag them away! We talked about skating there in a few years.  The girls are prone to wander and Ken and I had a hard time trying to explain to them - Alice particularly that they needed to stay close! 





The windows at the Bay were so great.  I remember going to see them as a child.  It's been such a long time since I've been to see them.  I think this is a yearly tradition I want to continue!


We wandered around the Eaton Centre and picked up a present for Anna.  We really had a great afternoon/evening.  We left the mall at closing and got home late, but who cares!  We're on holiday!



No comments: