Saturday, December 19, 2015

Skating Swimming Saturday

It was family skate day for the New Tecumseth Skate Club this morning.  I was nervous - it's been years since I've been on skates, but I was also very excited to go skating with Kate and Alice.  Alice and I went first.  It was really slow going at first - for both of us, but it got better and better.  I didn't think I'd be able to skate with both girls, but when Kate came Alice wanted to stay on the ice, so she did.  The girls can skate, not fast, but they can, and so all three of us skated around.
 After skating it was home for a quick change and then off to Grandma and Grandpa's.  Ken and I dropped off the girls, and went to the movies! YAY!  We haven't been on a date since the summer so it was fun to go out!  We got to see the fourth and final installment of the Hunger Games.  We both had pretty low expectations for the film, so we were both pleased, and enjoyed it!

Then it was back to G & Gs to go swimming, then pizza for dinner.  It was a fun sporty day.  We were also able to enjoy the awesome sweatshirt that Suzanne sent Dad for Christmas.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for babysitting and having us for dinner!  It sure was a fun Saturday - a great start to the Christmas break!


No comments: