Dear Kate,
I've never written a letter post before. Well, I don't think I have. At least I've never written a letter post to you. Who knows how you'll ever find this post, but if and when you do, you need to know how much I love you.
Tonight you were desperate for me to find the tag that came with Alice's puppy purse. I'm not entirely sure why it meant so much to you. I had thrown it out on Saturday during the party when Alice asked me to cut the tags off. I remember distinctly putting the tags in the trash and feeling guilty that I hadn't recycled them.
(I won't go into the fact that you were so jealous of Alice's puppy purse that you cried before and after the singing of happy birthday. Oh and I also won't go into the fact that I picked you up early - 27 minutes - from school today, so we could go to Walmart and find you your own puppy purse, because Alice had birthday money to spend on you.)
Tonight you begged me to go through the trash to find the tags. Alice declared that she wanted the tags to stay in the trash. Again, I have no idea why it meant so much to you for me to find the tag, but it did. It meant so much to you, so it meant so much to me.
This makes me think of Heavenly Father. There are so many things that I've learned about Him in the short time I've been a parent. If something is important to us, it's important to Him.
While Dad was telling you and Alice a story, I pulled the trash back inside (oh and it was -21 tonight) and I found the tag.
I love you Kate. Never doubt how much I love you. I went through garbage for you Kate.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:
I loved this Wendy... I know exactly how you feel. It's hard having daughters close together and you love them both so much... I've done the equivalent of garbage digging for something that was important for them even though it didn't make sense to me. My Mom was always so good about that and I want my kids to experience the same... It will always be a reminder of a time they individually felt loved by you<3
Post a Comment