I tried to take a picture today, but no. It looked pretty terrible. I want this to be Alice's 4 year old shot, even though it's three weeks old!
She looks so grown up. She is so grown up sometimes, so fiercely independent, so intuitive. And then there are other times. Times when we clash and I worry that I'm stomping on her sweet spirit. The balance between submitting our will to someone else's and asserting ourselves. The balance between her burgeoning identity and my parental control. I am so thankful to have spent this time at home with Alice. It has been such a blessing to my life, and I hope to hers as well.
I love this shirt that she chose for her Valentine shirt/Birthday shirt. Sometimes my sweet Alice struggles with being happy - we all do. The days that she chooses to be happy, the times she chooses to be happy, those are the best times. Alice is sunshine. She has recently decided that her favourite colour is yellow, and it just all fits.
Happy Birthday my sweet Alice. I'm so glad I get to be your Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment