Sometime around Christmas I liked (on Facebook) a photographer up in Alliston who had taken some really cute pictures of a friend's kids. Sometime in February I saw her ads for her kids photo contest. This year she had a pouty face kids contest. I thought it might be fun to enter it, but didn't really think too much about it.
On the 9th Alice was playing with my glasses and wanted me to take some pictures of her, so I did.
After I took the last pic, I thought, oh my goodness, that pic is awesome! Look at that pouty face! The next day, the 10th, with a few hours to spare, I finally got a chance to send it in.
The first round of the contest was a straight up popularity contest. I petitioned friends to vote for Alice, and they did! She came in fourth, but it was enough to get her into round two. Round two was going to be judged by the photographer and two of her photography friends.
I would have loved it if Alice won the whole thing, but there were some pretty cute babies! Alice came in second and I was thrilled! And of course there's the prize! We get a free mini-session, which the photographer has said we can use for Christmas pics late in the year. So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment