Saturday, December 06, 2014

A Walk, A Parade, A Party

Saturdays can be dangerous.  If we haven't figured out what we're doing the night before, we often sit around debating what we should do and never end of doing anything.  Today we had lots planned for the bottom half of the day, but nothing to start.  It started out okay, but quickly deteriorated into a lot of little girl bickering.  The girls needed to get out, Ken and I needed to get out.  Kate was a particular kind of crazy today...  I decided that we needed to go on a walk.  It was after lunch and I couldn't wait until three for the parade, so off we went on a walk.  Alice and Fiona in the stroller, Kate being forced to walk because she wasn't doing what she was told.  Kate protested much.  Very much.  Somewhere just past the post office she finally calmed down enough to follow instructions and got to sit and ride in the stroller. 

As we continued walking there wasn't much change in temperament until we finally got to the trail that runs south of mill street, opposite the steam train.  As soon as we hit "nature" there was a sudden change.  The girls were suddenly different.  Everything was right with the world again.  It was quite magical, and I was kicking myself that we didn't just get out first thing!  I took a few pictures, and Alice and I ended up walking further and then up the hill by the funeral home to get home.  She was such a trooper.  Fiona had a little sleep in the stroller, Kate calmed down, and everyone was happy again.




We weren't home for long before it was time to get ready to go to Beeton to see the Santa Claus Parade.  We went with Michelle and the girls.  We were all sad that we had missed the Tottenham Parade.  It is a great little parade.  We went with expectations high that the Beeton Parade would be as good... it wasn't.  But, it was still fun, and I'm glad we went.






Afterwards we all came back to our house and had hot chocolate, donuts and tim bits.  We hung out for a bit, and then it was time to get ready for the Christmas Party in Orangeville. 

I should have asked more questions about the party.  I didn't realize it wasn't dinner, I didn't realize I had the start time wrong... oops!  We showed up without food to share because we thought we were late, and Kate was the narrator for the opening act.  Even after we realized that we were half an hour early, we didn't go get food - lame.  The girls ate a little, Ken and I ate a little, we watched a great show, with some incredibly talented friends, and it was fun, and really well done.  Kate was a great narrator!  Everyone kept telling me how awesome she was!

After the party, thinking it wasn't too cold, we decided to go to see the lights at Kay Cee Gardens.  We had a brisk walk - Kate thought she was going to die... but we still had fun. Christmas is so fun, and magical.  Kids make Christmas fun.  I love it when I hear people talking about how much they love Christmas music - especially when they aren't Christian.  Jesus is pretty special!

No comments: