Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kate's Christmas Concert

I love that there's a Christmas Concert at Kate's school.  I love that so many classes participate and perform.  Kate joined the choir this year - as an SK she was allowed to.  The principal runs the choir, which I think is so cool.  Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and Grandpa) came to the afternoon concert.  Ken was working at home, Fiona slept through the entire thing - yay, and Alice, having some initial resistance to going to the concert did enjoy herself.

The presentations in the show were quite varied, in both their content and their delivery.  "Taking Care of Christmas", a play on the rock song "Taking Care of Business" was particularly interesting.  And by that I mean bad, quite terrible really, but at the same time, because they were kindergarten kids, it was okay, cute even. 

Kate sang a few songs with the choir at the beginning of the show and at the end of the show.  She also sang two songs with her class.  We really enjoyed the afternoon show, and Ken got to enjoy the evening show.  FUN!



No comments: