Saturday, October 25, 2014
The Angels on the Roof
Last winter was bad, really, really bad. The ice storm on Christmas Eve left several inches of ice on our roof all winter. When that ice finally melted we were left with a leak and some damage. I had called someone, gotten a rough estimate, that was never turned into a legitimate estimate, and the money set aside was spent on living. I have recalled Elder Bednar's words from his talk titled "The Windows of Heaven". He said this: As we live the law of tithing, we often receive significant but subtle blessings that are not always what we expect and easily can be overlooked.
Today's blessing didn't feel subtle and it certainly wasn't insignificant. The outside patch job is done and I am so thankful to Aaron Nicholls and Peter Misinchuk for coming today, and working all day. There are so many good people in this world, and I am blessed to know so many good people. I kept thanking Aaron for giving up a day with his family to help us out, and he kept saying it was no big deal. It was a big deal for us. My heart just swells with gratitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment