Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Round the Bend Farm

Alice's turn... and mine too for that matter!  I was working full time when Kate was in pre-school.  Ken and I alternated all of the parental obligations.  He did one duty day, I did two - one while on maternity leave.  He did both field trips.  It's funny to look back at those pictures.  Alice is now Kate, and Fiona is now Alice and well... Kate will always only be Kate, where am I going with this?  Oh how they grow!

Wizard of Oz - 2012
Wizard of Oz - 2014
It was drizzly, a little cold, and it full out rained at one point.  But then the skies cleared and we were able to finish up the trip.  The girls had so much fun.  I'd never been to Round the Bend Farm before.  It's a cute little farm.  A few animals, a fun wagon ride, a great hay-bale play area, the awesome Halloween figures, a tree house, fields to pick veggies (supervised by a farm worker of course), and three pumpkins (and a gourd) to take home!










The girls favourite part was the hay, or straw - I don't know what it is.  I think it's straw, but hay bale just sounds better.  Either way, they loved running around!  Fiona was particularly amusing to watch.  She just giggled, and giggled, and threw herself down in it.










And then she did this.  This is one of her Dad's favourite things to do...

June 2011










I am so happy to be home full time with my girls right now.  There are days/moments that are hard, but there are many more moments that just make me so, so happy!  I'm living the dream!  And touring farms to boot!

No comments: