Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween!

I think Halloween is fun!  It is fun to play dress-up.  It is fun to see other people play dress-up.  It is fun to give out candy.  It is fun to get candy.  It is fun!  I love that we had Halloween fun for a week.  I suppose longer if you consider the outside lights that Ken puts up for decoration.

Here's the girls playing with the lights - after they were put up.  The pictures are from October 6th.




Next up was the Frightfully Fun Family Event in Tottenham - Oct 25th.  We had planned to go to Orangeville for the same sort of thing and the end of the Farmer's Market, but with our friends doing the roof, we decided not to go anywhere.  The girls and I had fun and of course everyone thought my little Minions were adorable. (Kate's hat was a present from her Nana last Christmas, and my friend Melissa made the other two on short notice!  I love them!)

Fiona was so excited to be part of the fun.  She held on to that pumpkin bucket even after she fell asleep.  It was such a beautiful day I let her sleep outside in the stroller.

Next up, pumpkin carving - Oct 27th.  We learned the hard way that carving them four days early, was too early.  Also, if you're going to carve them four days early, you must put them outside.  The girls and Ken did have fun though, and the pumpkins looked cute in our house.  I'm sad I never did take a pic of Ken's though.  I found one of what it looked like on pinterest, and I included it.  Thankfully I was able to dispose of the pumpkins before anything was too ruined!  Next year, we'll do it the night before, like we have in the past!





Parting Shots!  I clipped the parting shot from the Alliston Herald not long after we first moved here.  I've always wanted to have a picture printed in the paper - the parting shot.  I thought my little minions would be the perfect Halloween week parting shot.  I sent in the picture on Tuesday night, and wouldn't you know, Friday morning when we looked at the paper, they printed it!
Halloween should always be on a Friday.  It was perfect.  First, Kate and Alice both had school - so fun for them to experience it all with their class.  Second, it's FRIDAY!  So, Kate and Alice were both ready to go, on time!  I took pictures and everything.  Ken took the girls, I got Fiona ready and then Fiona and I went over to Kate's school for the parade and assembly.  I'm sad I never took a picture of Fiona in the monkey costume she wore most of the day.  (I suppose that's just an excuse to dress her up again!)  Alice was a ladybug, and Kate was a funky fairy.  Kate's class sang two cute Halloween songs, after the parade, in the Character Assembly.  Both the girls had a great Halloween school day.



The last three years it has rained.  I can't say that I ever remember it raining on Halloween when I was a kid.  I'm not sure if this is because it never did, or because I chose not to remember the rain.  Either way, I'm tired of the rain.  I really hope next is rain free.  I suppose I should be thankful that it didn't snow!  For the outdoor fun the girls wore their big heavy suits with their coats and layers underneath.  We didn't bother with an umbrella as it was drizzling more than raining.  The girls collected a modest amount of candy and they were so happy.  Another thing I like about Halloween is saying hello to neighbours that you don't otherwise talk to.  Halloween really is a fun holiday! 




No comments: