Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Dream Job?

What is my dream job?  Staying at home with my kids full time forever.  But they don't stay kids forever.  And there's this thing called money.  Money.  Yuck.  And this thing where I feel like I do good things, I'm a positive force for good in the lives of young people.  My three little people being the most important young people.  But.

I'm freaking out right now.  I looked at the Vacancy List tonight, just for fun.  And there on the screen, a half time position, music/prep coverage in Kettleby.  Kettleby is one of the closest YRDSB schools to us in Tottenham.  It would take twenty minutes to get there.  And it's a little school.  I loved teaching in King and I've always wanted to go back to a little school.

In part there is no reason to freak out because there are just too many what ifs.  What if I'm not the right fit for the school?  What if I don't like it?  What if they've already hired someone else?  Not to mention that as of right now I'm approved for an infant care leave - a leave which will keep me out of school until May 2015.

This past week I've been thinking about what do I want to do.  Do I want to work part time in the classroom, or do I want to build my own piano studio? 

You know in movies when the movie star is faced with this difficult decision and their guardian angel comes and shows them all of the alternate realities?  I want someone to come and show me the future.  I want someone to tell me what to do.  Sadly, I know this won't happen.  I need to go to bed.  Perhaps my dreams will tell me the answer?

1 comment:

Hannah Richins said...

Oh man, I totally get that feeling. Sometimes I wish I could just have a tiny PEAK into my future to help me make decisions for right now. Luckily we have prayer and the Spirit to help guide us, but sometimes it is still hard just trusting you are making the right decision. Good luck with whatever you decide :)