First were the presents. I brought Suzanne's present - butter tarts, coke zero and chicken pot pie. Dad loves food. He said "forget Weight Watchers this week!" with a huge smile on his face!
Kate was so excited to give him our cards. Dad loves cards with pictures of the girls, and I love making cards with pictures of the girls! WIN! I should also say, that Dad loved the picture of him and Suzanne that she put on the front of her card. So cute - it was of her and Dad on Centre Island. I'll just add it, because it's too cute!
Back to Kate. She was very excited to give Grandpa his presents. In fact, poor Nancy (Dad's cousin), we totally interrupted her giving Dad his present.
After the presents we chatted, waited for the food to arrive, and for Rayna and Andrew to arrive. I helped Mom make this fun potato recipe I found on facebook. Then we ate. Then it was time for cake. We had carrot cake. It threw me. We always have ice cream cakes for birthdays, but the Baskin Robbins that Mom and Dad always used to go to has closed.
And then there was running around, more chatting, tv watching, baby watching. Crazy grandchildren. All manor of good fun!
And another present, Fiona didn't cry when she saw you. She even smiled a little when you held her! Happy Birthday Dad! We all love you so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment