I'm feeling a little rattled. I'm Rh Negative and Ken is Rh Positive. What does that have to do with anything you ask? Let me tell you. I can't remember exactly when I learned about being negative and Ken being positive but at some point I did and I also learned about the possible complications. If the baby's positive blood somehow entered my system I could develop antibodies which could then possibly harm the baby. It isn't usually an issue during a first pregnancy but can be an issue in subsequent pregnancies.
With both Kate and Alice I had a Rho(D) Immune Globulin (or rhogam) shot at 28 weeks and then again after they were born. This was supposed to prevent the "sensitization of the maternal immune system to Rh D antigens, which can cause rhesus disease in the current or in subsequent pregnancies". I'm not sure how, but I have antibodies in my blood. The blood work was done twice.
What now? Now I go for an ultrasound every two weeks. The ultrasound technician will look for signs of fetal anemia - enlarged organs and fluid in the abdomen. At my 18 week anatomy ultrasound the technician said that everything looked great he even used the words healthy baby.
So back to that rattled feeling. I want to believe the feeling that I have that everything is going to be okay. I want baby 3 to be healthy and get here safely. This baby is very much wanted and needed.
Now that you've read this, I have a favour to ask, will you keep our little baby 3 in your prayers? Will you pray that his or her little body will be strong and healthy? Please and thank you.
3 comments:
Oh no Wendy I am SO sorry!!! You and baby 3 are in my prayers.
I'm on it! Prayers coming your way. Thought about you today, having a little valentines party tomorrow, wish you could come, next year when you are off work for sure!
I will totally keep you and baby in my prayers! Love you Wendy!
Post a Comment