Saturday, February 09, 2013

Tobogganing!

Friday was the day of snow.  Buses were cancelled.  I drove to school even though I could have driven 10 minutes (or probably 20-25 give the conditions) to the nearest school in Schomberg.  No one could understand why I came in.  I'll tell you why.  I wanted to count yearbook money.  I wanted to be in my own classroom and I hoped that perhaps I'd be sent home early.  I have two preps on a Friday afternoon and only one class to teach.  My principal did in fact send me home early.  So you know what it wasn't so bad after all!

Saturday the roads were mostly okay - the major ones anyway and we decided to go up to Alliston, have lunch, buy a toboggan and go play.  And that was what we did.  I would love to report that both the girls are now addicted to tobogganing but that is not the case.  Poor Alice got snow in her face on our first ride down the hill and that was it for her.  Kate and I went two or three more times and while Kate did enjoy it she had her fill on only a few trips down the hill. 















No comments: