Thursday, September 06, 2012

Kate's First Day of Preschool

Ken dropped Kate off this morning, and she was excited.  In his words "As soon as I opened the door (to the community centre where the pre-school is located) she bolted and ran straight into the room, past her teachers and straight for the other kids.  I had to call her back to hang up her back-pack.  Alice was protesting loudly that she wanted to go too.  I called Kate and she came and placed her back-pack on a hook and ran straight back into the room yelling goodbye on her way."

When I asked Kate about school she said it was fun.  She isn't one for a lot of detail.  She revealed little tidbits of information through-out the evening tonight.  She brought home several paintings - and her hand prints, which I will keep.  I'm really happy that we signed her up for class and I'm so grateful that our ever amazing caregiver Antoinette will drop her off and pick her up - who could ask for a more perfect situation.

Here is cute Kate standing by her name.
And here she is in the doorway of the main classroom.
(Photos courtesy of Antoinette.  Someone who will remain unnamed forgot the camera on his daughter's first day of pre-school!)

I'm so happy for my little girl!  Way to go Kate!


3 comments:

Bates Blogger said...

Yay Kate! So cute.

The Molina Family said...

Wonderful!!! Yayyyy kate!!! And yay for having a little girl who isn't afraid of new places!

Ken said...

It really is a great place, and I can't wait for Alice's turn to go to preschool.