Sunday, February 19, 2012

Multi-Stake Conference

Where to start... we found out at the beginning of January that there was going to be a special church conference today.  The congregation that we go to in Orangeville is called a ward.  Wards are organized geographically and are grouped together in Stakes.  Twice a year we have stake conference, but this conference was for four stakes - Hamilton, Kitchener, Mississauga and Brampton and was an extra conference.  Two elders were going to come from Salt Lake, and no one knew exactly what was in store.  (Well, obviously some people did...) 

In the conference it was announced that the Mississauga Stake would dissolve and the Barrie Stake would be created.  Wards were shifted and it was announced that a new ward would be created, the Cookstown Ward.  We live 27 kms from Cookstown and 29 kms from Orangeville.  Do we know what will happen?  No.  Do I feel nervous?  Yes.  But I am grateful that I have a loving Heavenly Father that knows me and has a plan for me and my family. 

As I felt nervous today the words to a hymn went through my mind: But undaunted still he trusted in his Heavenly Father's care. I am excited and nervous to find out what is in store for us.  We have been very comfortable in Orangeville; there are so many strong, committed members to share the work.  I just wonder how long it will be before we know what's going to happen.

No comments: