Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Garbage/Recycling Day

I am my father's daughter in many ways.  One of the perhaps more peculiar ways is my excitement about garbage/recycling day.  My Dad was always very excited on garbage day.  I'm not really sure why.  I know he's always been very keen on recycling.  Growing up we recycled long before there was a weekly pick-up.  I recycled while I was at school in Lethbridge - and there was no weekly pick-up.  And it would seem that I am passing that bizarre attachment on to my girls.

I can't remember when it started but a few months ago (at least) Kate and I were watching the recycling truck and she started to cry when the Recycling Dude was dumping the contents onto the truck.  I figured she thought he was stealing her recycling bins.  She still gets slightly concerned each week when she sees the recycling bins on the lawn and is always very happy when they are put back in their rightful places.
Happy Garbage/Recycling Day everybody!
(The balloons are from Kate's birthday... not for g/r day.)

No comments: