Sunday, October 09, 2011

Turkey Time McCartney Style

Did I mention Alice was cute?  I'm not sure I've ever mentioned that before?


So today started last night.  Ken put the turkey in the brine (more about that later) and then declared that he finished everything he wanted to finish for today... and I said, you're kidding right?  So we went to bed kind of late or early depending on how you look at it.  BUT, the kitchen is clean, the veggies partially done, and BEST of all, a certain ledge, the LEDGE OF DOOM has been conquered!!

This is the before picture.

TA DA!
So back to the brine.  I think I've mentioned before that Ken enjoys cooking.  The time and thought he puts in to cooking amazes me.  In doing research for the turkey he decided that he wanted to try a brine.  When he explained it to me I thought oh for pete's sake... this is ridiculous.  I didn't say don't, or no, but I certainly didn't encourage him.  To say that I should trust Ken more sounds bad, like I never trust him (my sweet husband of almost nine years) but well I'm a skeptic and sometimes I should just get over that!  (If you want to know how to brine a turkey - google it!)

I was going to take a picture of the AMAZING turkey, but I didn't.  I was going to take a picture of all the food, but I didn't.  I did take some people pictures, just not enough.  I intend to take AMAZING pictures at Christmas.  It's crazy the way an afternoon turns into an evening and before you know it, it's over!  We had a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner.  Thank you to Ken and everyone who helped... which is just about everyone!  

Hanging out
Cleaning up
It seems as though Alice really can sit up...
Photo-bomb!
Sweet Sarah cleaned up the basement; she was very proud!
Rachael and Alice, sadly this was the best photo I took.
Braden and Caitlin are so cute with their cousins.
Photo bomb?
 Meagan and Jose playing darts
 Cutie Rachael enjoying the yummy brownies
We had a really lovely Thanksgiving.  It worked out beautifully, thanks in part to the gorgeous weather which facilitated the outside kiddie table.  And yes Lisa, I think we will have to make this a yearly tradition... maybe! (Insert smiley face)

No comments: