To say that Mom and Dad have had a tough year is like saying Three-Alarm Chili is warm. Tomorrow is the 40th Anniversary of Mom and Dad saying I do. Andrew had the day off today so we had our Bacon family Thanksgiving Dinner/Anniversary Party one day early. Before we had dinner, Ken, the girls and I met Mom and Dad in Newmarket at Fairy Lake. It was a beautiful day and Kate enjoyed playing at the park, Mom, Dad and I sat in the shade while Alice tried to eat leaves, sticks and grass, and Ken enjoyed chasing after Kate.
We talked about having a turkey, but Andrew and Dad wanted roast beef so Mom obliged. That's right, Mom made her own anniversary dinner... I must say before I forget, the roast potatoes were particularly amazing. You haven't had roast potatoes until you've had my Mom's roast potatoes.
Andrew enjoyed playing with his nieces.
Best picture of the evening... did I mention my Dad is pretty funny?
Mom tried to suggest that she didn't care for dessert and protested at the suggestion of cheesecake and only wanted a tiny small little bit. Ken made a "small" pumpkin cheesecake - yum. Mom and Dad both had a piece and then split another one and then we left the last two pieces for them... not that I was surprised by this!
After cheesecake I asked to take a picture of Mom and Dad.They are cuties.
The best part of the evening was yet to come. Dad has been taking steps. It was the most amazing/scary/wonderful thing I've ever seen. He pulled himself to standing and then walked across the room. He has such tenacity. I'm glad he's such a fighter.
We (Suzanne, Jon, Andrew and I) made a book for Mom and Dad and got them flowers - that were supposed to be red in honour of their ruby wedding. Mom and Dad loved their gifts. We their children are so thankful for their unique relationship and for all the beautiful things they have taught us (and some other memorable things too!). Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
3 comments:
Love the pictures, love my wonderful family. Thank you Wendy for posting.
love that sweet picture of your mom and Dad! So glad he is doing better!!!
Beautifully said as usual Wenders. Tearing up a little right now at the picture of dad walking. So happy.
Post a Comment