Saturday was a full day. We were up bright and early and out of the house to the zoo. We had a lovely time as always. Kate is now obsessed with the carousel. It's beautiful. Kate did well today. She had one ride on the frog and while close to tears Mom managed to distract her so she didn't lose it...yay! The butterflies in the Malaysian Pavilion were amazing. Kate was a little startled by all of the butterflies flying around but captivated too. Two other note worthy zoo things - Kate wanted to sit on the hippo while a woman was having her picture taken. As I was telling her no she had to wait, the woman motioned to Kate and pulled her up on the hippo and had her picture taken with Kate, and Ken wore Alice in the bjorn. Alice loves being forward facing in the bjorn and Ken likes sporting the baby = win win!
After the zoo we went to say goodbye to the house on McKelvey Drive. What to say. Mom and Dad didn't want to move but they had to move. Dad couldn't come home to this house. I don't suppose moving because you have to move is the most fun thing ever but everything has been working out so well. The blessings have come which has made a difficult situation bearable. Will I miss the house... not totally sure. It does feel a little weird that Mom and Dad won't have a house anymore. Weird in that it feels slightly unsettling, but I can't put my finger on why. Here are a few of the goodbye pictures.
After saying goodbye to the house we went up to the hospital to say hi to Dad and to help feed the fish. Dad was very excited for his chance to feed the fish - patients take turns, because Kate just loves the fish.
It was a busy, fun, full day. And just because here's one last picture. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little person!
1 comment:
Love it, so glad your Dad is doing better, but hard to say goodbye to their house I bet. Love the picturesze
Post a Comment