I don't normally invite myself to others homes but I did and not just myself, Kate and Alice too of course. Play dates are really hit and miss these days and this one was a bit of a miss. Kate screamed... lots. One of the boys remarked that she must be having a grumpy day... oh if only! I enjoyed visiting, not really sure what Kate thought, she didn't scream the whole time, just most of the time. The Mom was really great about it, but I felt badly!
On the way home we drove down the main street of Orangeville. Kate saw the waterfall from the van and wanted to get out and see it and I thought, why not. So we parked the van and all got out and walked to the waterfall. It was fun and I thought we need to eat something so Kate can go to sleep on the way home. I wanted to check out a bakery that I had spied a few times and so we walked up the street. I ordered a sandwich for myself and a muffin for Kate. I assumed we'd share the muffin and the sandwich.
We walked back to the fountain for our impromptu picnic. We sat down and I tried to give a piece of the muffin to Kate, she wouldn't have it and she said no to the sandwich too. I ate a bit of the sandwich and decided we needed to find food and get on with it. We went to another bakery and this time picked up a cheese tea biscuit. I thought for sure Kate would eat it, but she would have none of it. By now we were in the car and it was getting later and I was concerned. I wanted Kate to fall asleep but I wanted her to eat.
At Broadway and Highway 10 there is a McDonald's. As we were driving past Kate started begging to go and I thought FINE, you can eat McDonald's. So we pulled into the drive-through, it took forever and Alice started fussing and I was losing it a little but we got the food. As I was pulling away out of the parking lot Kate started freaking out again. It was at this point that I realized that she wanted to go in the McDonald's as this one has a playland. I told her another day, which thankfully pacified her and then tried to give her the nuggets and fries. I think she ate two french fries before falling asleep. And guess what, she slept just fine and woke up just fine. Stupid me for thinking that she needed to eat! YEESH!
So here is Lady Screams Alot and the Waterfall.
No comments:
Post a Comment