Friday, July 01, 2011

Canada Day 2011

For as ridiculous as it might sound I feel like we failed in celebrating Canada Day because we weren't all decked out in red and white.  Alice was the only one in red and white and her version of red and white was kinda sad (a white onesie with red and white striped bloomers).  I was a little sad that we weren't going out of town for the long weekend - we missed going to Konrad's baptism up in Val-de-Bois, Quebec - but the thought of travelling far with Alice is not something anyone in this family wanted to experience.  So we decided to go up to Alliston to check out the festivities. 

Back to the red and white, practically everyone in Alliston was in red and white and I felt so conspicuous not following the dress code; I felt somehow unpatriotic.  Ridiculous, yes, but that was how I felt.  Now back to the festivities.  When we got to Alliston we drove past the Canada Day festivities and then had to find somewhere to park.  The parking spot was beside the park and we could have walked down the street and across the field to the festivities, but once Kate saw the park that was all the fun she needed.  So to celebrate Canada Day we went to the park and the Museum on the Boyne in Alliston.

Alice, about to be loaded into the van.
 Kate enjoying the swings.
 Kate enjoying the fire truck.
 Kate calls this the "sun park" because of the sign.  Every time we come to the park she runs to the sign and we sing Mr. Sun and she does the actions.  It's pretty cute.
 Just a cute pic that I like.
 Kate playing in the museum.
 Checking out the house on the site of the museum...
 ...but it was locked.
 So she decided to play with a pile of leaves instead.
 Ken and Alice.
 Alice.
We ended the day enjoying some fireworks.  We drove to the top of a hill a few kms from the site of the fireworks and sat in the van and watched.  It was perfect for several reasons: no bugs, no loud noise, Kate didn't cry because there was no loud noise, Kate enjoyed the fireworks because there was no loud noise!  Yay for a lovely day!

No comments: