The goal was to have a fun family morning - tire out Kate and then get to watch the first session of conference uninterrupted. We decided to go to Downey's farm. Our first mistake was leaving late. Our second mistake was taking WAY too long to get there. Once we were there we had lots of fun. Kate thought she'd died and gone to heaven in their petting farm area. You can actually walk around with the animals. She loved the sheep and goats. (I have pictures on my phone but I don't know where the adapter is so I can't upload them) It was a bit rainy but all in all it was really fun. We weren't ready to leave but time was wearing on.
We got home around 12:15 and expected to see my parents waiting in the driveway but they were late too. We settled downstairs to watch conference - Kate still awake. My parents came and brought subs for lunch and we watched the end of the first session - Kate still awake. She went to sleep between sessions, which was exactly what I didn't want to have happen, but what do you do?!
Sunday was more of the same. We got most of the first session on the Sunday but by the last session Kate was done sharing her parent's attention. The parts of conference that we did see were as always wonderful, uplifting and inspiring. I'm thankful for my testimony of the gospel, for how it sustains me.
No comments:
Post a Comment