Monday, December 07, 2009

O Christmas Tree

It occurred to me as I watched Ken with the tree that I have been a grinch!  I am embarrassed to admit that we will be celebrating our seventh wedding anniversary on the 28th and this is our FIRST CHRISTMAS TREE!  Oh my sweet Ken, I'm sorry!  I don't really know why we never had one.  We've lived in some small apartments but we could have squished.  In fairness though I should admit that we did have a small tree, a table top tree and I did decorate it...



















...but Ken made fun of it.  This was in 2006 - when we had more than enough room in our apartment for a real tree.

And last year we were living with my parent's and they had a tree...


















...but it wasn't our tree.


This year we're in our own house with our very own little person so of course we have to have our very own tree.  And here it is in all of it's glory!



















And here is a proud Kenneth.  No, he didn't cut it down himself...
















...he did however wrangle into his tiny Honda Civic.


I suppose I could have just made this about Ken and his tree, but Kate is pretty excited.















Merry Christmas!  Now all we have to do is decorate the tree...

2 comments:

Sally said...

Aw, it's fun to get a real tree! We tried a fake one for a while and it's just not the same. Just wait and see how much fun Kate has putting on AND taking off the ornaments!

Ken said...

Haha, she's already started removing candy canes when we hold her close to the tree.