This weekend wasn't exactly typical, but it was typical in that we're busy a lot. Friday night Ken and I took Alice and Fiona to the temple. The temple was rededicated on Sunday March 23rd, and this is the first time we've been back in the temple to do temple work since October 2023. It was so nice to be in the temple, our temple. And Fiona loved her first time doing baptisms. Alice and Fiona were each baptized for eight deceased family members. Alice and Fiona both felt the spirit and felt good in the temple. Alice wanted to stay and Fiona asked when we could come back next. We had a really lovely time.
Saturday morning, Ken and I walked the dog. There's been a freezing rain warning all weekend, we're not in the path of the ice this morning. And we managed to walk the dog before the rain started which was very nice.
After the walk, I took Fiona shopping for a gift for Aubrey. Gift and a few other things acquired, we popped in back at home. Then I dropped Fiona off at her party and went to Choko Mocko for treats. Then it was back home to pick up Alice for our shopping extravaganza. Ken was tasked with finally repairing the sink in the powder room bathroom.
The Hudson's Bay is liquidating - there will be six stores left. Three in Ontario and three in Quebec. It's weird. The Hudson's Bay company was founded on May 2, 1670. The company was originally founded as a fur trading company. The history of the company is long and complicated. The company now is department stores and department stores have all been dying a slow death. The last few times that we were in the Bay before today, I thought, how is this place still in business, so I wasn't really surprised.After the shopping extravaganza I walked the dog in the rain, it was a cold wet walk. The pooh sticks bridge was still open when I went, but I wondered for how much longer.
Fiona had fun at Aubrey's party.
And then, Kate and I went to the Symphony. It was a beautiful program. The star attraction was Angela Hewitt a Canadian pianist. She played the Mozart Piano Concerto No 21 in C Major. The first piece on the program was an overture by Anton Reicha. It was a delightful piece. The last was Mendelssohn's 3rd Symphony. Neither the first or last piece were familiar to me but both were very enjoyable.
While Kate and I were at the symphony, Ken took the girls to Playdium. They had lots of fun.
Today was church of course. Ken walked the dog in the morning. Fiona and I walked the dog in the afternoon. And Kate got some very exciting news. She's been hired to work for elections Canada for the federal election. She's 16 and speaks French and was one of three high school students hired. She's so excited, and we're so excited for her.
All in all it was a fun busy weekend. I wish I took more time to blog. I want to preserve all the memories of everything, but that's ridiculous. I can't. But I will probably never stop wanting to remember everything. This time with the girls, they're at such amazing ages and stages right now. I love our life together and I'm so thankful for it.


















No comments:
Post a Comment