It's a little weird saying that this is his 85th birthday when he passed away when he was 78. He will never be 85, but he's also 85? Do birthdays exist in heaven? I kind of want them to, or at least my mortal mind wants that tradition to continue in some way.
This year was special.
It's funny to me, funny strange, when people older than me still have both their parents alive. It makes me curious, like 'how did you do that' curious. I didn't feel particularly young to lose my Dad, but everyone's life path is so different. I'm forever grateful that I had him here on earth for as long as I did. Long enough to meet and love his granddaughters for a little while.
This year was special because of a hockey game.
Utah was awarded an NHL team in April 2024 when Ryan and Ashley Smith bought the Arizona Coyotes. The team is now called the Utah Hockey Club. The team name is being called temporary, but who knows.
At some point Jon or Andrew noticed that there was a game in Salt Lake City on Monday, March 10. The match-up, the Utah Hockey Club and the Toronto Maple Leafs, and a plan was born. I wanted to go, I really did, but it wasn't meant to be. (I really want to go in July to say hi to Marcus and goodbye to Seth.)
So instead I watched the game in the basement, well most of it anyway.
It was late. I didn't make it until the end, but it was a fun game. I texted my siblings during the game, and wore my Dad's sweatshirt and just felt so happy and grateful for my family and for my hockey loving Dad. Happy Heavenly Birthday Dad!






No comments:
Post a Comment