Saturday, April 12, 2025

Happy Birthday to ME!

Friday after school I had actually left on time so when I thought I wanted cookies that I can only get at Healthy Planet I thought, why not! And then when I pulled into the parking lot I thought, I want a Roots sweatshirt. I popped into Roots, and they had a light pink sweatshirt with a half zipper and a collar, not a hoodie, so I bought it and thought, happy birthday to me. Next I walked into Healthy Planet and they had gluten free Jamaican beef patties which I had mentioned to Ken as missing just the night before, so I bought one (and the cookies) and thought, Happy Birthday to ME! So far, the weekend was off to a great start.

Saturday morning when I finally got out of bed and came downstairs in my new pink sweatshirt, Ken had set out all of my birthday cards and gifts. Alice and Fiona, with help from Ken, got me a new hair dryer. Kate, with help from Ken, got me a new lap desk for my computer. (Kate helped herself to the old one!)


After that, Fiona and I took Milo for a long walk. Fiona wanted to take pictures for an art assignment and many pictures were taken. It was pretty gray this morning, but no rain, so we'll take it. The sky is pretty fun to take pictures of when it's cloudy. I took a bunch of pictures too.











Ken and I had talked about leaving the house around 11 to head downtown, but Fiona was in love with our photography adventure, and I wasn't doing a great job of watching the time, so we didn't leave to go downtown until some time after noon. Our first stop though was Choko-Mocko and then it was off to the Distillery District.

We walked around Bergo - I think our favourite store? They sell a lot of stuff, and it is fun. I loved this Periwinkle Chrome Piggy Bank, but I will admire it from afar as $420.00 isn't in the budget for pigs in my piggy collection!
I love how cooperative my kids are to take pictures with me.
Ken too!
We love the treats, the open air walking between shops, the people, the activity, a little dog we met named Beans, the art instillations, it's just a fun place to go!


Next we popped over to the St. Lawrence market. We hadn't been in ages. It's been so long the girls don't remember it at all. We walked through to the new north building which houses a Farmers Market on Saturdays. The girls didn't love the crowded south building. By the time we made it to the north building everything was winding down. We got there at about 2:45 only to realize it was closing at 3 so we pretty much missed the farmer's market. Ken did find himself an Easter Eggnog so that was fun. And he also bought a large measuring cup which he had wanted for a while!





Then we drove up Mt. Pleasant and then north on Yonge Street almost to York Mills to a restaurant called Riz. It's a gluten free Chinese Restaurant and it's very yummy!



We almost made it through the day without losing our minds...almost. Dinner got a little tense, but was still yummy and good.

After we got home Alice and I took the dog for a walk. It was a nice walk.
Alice hid behind a tree.

My Soma chocolates! 


After that I chatted to Suzanne on the phone and then I took Alice and Fiona to shopper's drug mart. My birthday offer from PC Optimum was 20,000 points if we spent $50 in Shoppers Drug Mart. That translates to $20 to spend. The girls and I had no trouble at all spending the minimum amount! After that it was home, a little tv watching with Ken and then to bed. 

It was a busy full fun day. I loved my birthday fun! I'm so thankful for my family. We're all far from perfect, but we're here for each other and we do love each other! Happy Birthday to ME!



No comments: