Sunday, December 15, 2024

Fiona's Last Day of Primary

 

This shouldn't be her last day. Her last day should be in two weeks, but two weeks from today we're going to be driving home from Florida. I was Fiona's nursery leader for a time in Orangeville. I was the piano player in primary when we first moved to Pickering Ward and I was there for a little while, I changed to the song leader at some point, before getting called as the Relief Society Secretary. 

Then I was gone for three years? Maybe longer? I can't remember exactly. When I got released as Relief Society president I got called into primary as the song leader. It's been a year that I've been serving as the song leader. I'm glad I got to be in primary for Fiona's last year even if it wasn't always easy. 

In the picture with Fiona is Gayle Green on the left and Zeny Lieuw-Choy on the right. Zeny is currently the primary president and Gayle is one of her counselors. Zeny has been in primary for most of this past year, but Gayle has been in primary two and a half years I think. I'm grateful for loving leaders. I'm grateful that Gayle sees Fiona and loves her for who she is. She's gotten to know Fiona quite well. 

When I think of primary, I think of being in the class with all the crazy boys. I think of frustrated primary teachers. I think of my friends. But mostly I think of Stewart Irvine who was my song leader when I was eleven. I remember the primary songs. I hope Fiona will carry a few of them in her heart. 

No comments: