Saturday, July 29, 2023

The Utah Visit - Saturday - Church History Museum

One of the things that I wanted to do was see the Minerva Teichert exhibition at the Church History Museum. Suzanne wanted to go too, so that was the plan. No one else really wanted to go, but we decided to take Fiona and Ben. However, Fiona wasn't feeling great. We waited a bit, and when it seemed like Fiona was feeling a bit better we went downtown.



Alice's cell phone arrived yesterday. She was so happy to get it back - did I say that she left it in the Pilot on the way to the airport? Ken was nice enough to send it by express post.



The Minerva Teichert exhibit did not disappoint. Her artwork, her faith, her life, I loved seeing and learning about all three. Fiona picked her favourite piece, and my favourite is below.


After enjoying the paintings, Fiona really enjoyed the paintings, and a trip to the bathroom - poor Fi, Ben and Fiona played in the kids area for a good long while. (Playing with a side of fighting - the two babies of the families are amusing to say the least!)







Fiona made the Hong Kong temple for her Dad.

Fiona wanted to find the Toronto Temple.
Ben wanted to find the Buenos Aires Temple for Joey.

We walked through the mostly empty temple square. Seeing the restoration/construction project up close is pretty crazy. We spoked to some Sister Missionaries. Fiona had a bunch of questions about serving a mission. I'm always amazed by the thoughtfulness and depth of her questions.
We went across the street to a shopping area, and visited the fountains, and Deseret Book. This particular location has an ice cream parlour inside.
I looked at a lot of things. Poor Fi didn't see much except the bathroom. I thought this t-shirt was hilarious. Praying to be nourished and strengthened by dessert has always made me roll my eyes!



After bringing Fiona and Ben back home Suzanne and I went to Vessel Kitchen. It's a kind of fast food restaurant with a bunch of dairy free gluten free options - but also options for those that can enjoy dairy and gluten. I felt amused that our number was 50. GAH!
We had a yummy meal and good conversation. After eating we went to Harmon's (a pretty but overpriced grocery store) and bought lots of stuff.


No comments: