Friday, January 06, 2023

Taking Alice to the Temple

Tonight made my Mama heart so very happy!! Ken and I took Alice and Kate to the temple for Alice's first trip to do baptisms for the dead. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful that temples make it possible for everyone to be able to enter the kingdom of God if they so choose. We are commanded to be baptized but not everyone has the opportunity to hear the gospel and not everyone has the opportunity to accept the gospel in this life. A loving Father God would not set up his children to fail. He would not institute a plan where only some make it, it just doesn't make sense. 

I am so grateful that we can take our kindred dead to the temple, to do the ordinances for them, that they couldn't do for themselves. And I'm so grateful that choice is always part of the plan. It is their choice whether in this life or the next to accept and act upon the covenants made for them in proxy. I love the spirit of peace and love I feel within the walls of the temple. I'm grateful that there's a temple an hour away, and that I can go there with my sweet Ken and my sweet Kate and now my sweet Alice. (And I might be a little excited that in two years we can take Fiona too!!)

One of my favourite parts of tonight was the joy on Alice's face each time she came up out of the water. She couldn't hold back the smiles! 




Tonight Alice and Kate did the baptisms and confirmations for: Rebecca Cronnis, Raisel Siskind, Mary Solomon, Mary Ann West, Teasey Martin, Ellen Scott, Ellen Skott, and for sisters Iva & Elsie Kaplan, and for sisters Freda & Katie Saiger. (And Mary is the mother of Freda and Katie!)

I am so grateful that families are forever!

No comments: