Sunday, January 01, 2023

McCartney Family Christmas 2022

This year it was New Year's Christmas. It was supposed to be Boxing Day Christmas but the weather didn't cooperate. I was actually really happy that it had to be rescheduled. We had been going, going, going, and I wasn't looking forward to having plans on Boxing Day after having plans every day for a few weeks in a row. 

The girls and I went to church, Ken didn't quite budget enough time for food prep on New Year's Eve/Day, so he watched church online at home and finished up and then came back to pick us up. Church today was exciting for Alice - she went to Sunday School class for the first time, and had a temple recommend interview!

Another blessing of today, the roads were empty and the weather was fantastic for traveling. We got to Port Colborne at 3:00 and we were the last to arrive. I didn't take very many pictures. But I took a few. It was us, Ken and Christine, Lisa's Family, and Laura's Family and of course Bonnie.













I think we all had fun, everyone seemed to enjoy chatting. It was a relaxed hang out with family affair, and that was nice. I can't remember exactly what time we left. But the roads were pretty empty on the way home too. It was such a relaxing day to travel to the Niagara area, and for that I was very thankful! Ken and I didn't open our presents from Chris until we got home. I was gifted these insane piggy socks! I think they're kind of like slipper socks. So fun! Merry Christmas McCartney Family!

No comments: