I had been craving a gluten free muffin for a little while, and when our plans changed, I had a free afternoon and with Ken's encouragement, Fiona and I were off for an adventure.
Buddha Belly Bakery in Newcastle makes yummy cookies, muffins and other treats. Our first stop was the library in Ajax to pick up a Dork Diary book for Fiona, but then we were off across the 401 for points east. Fiona was a good sport considering that she didn't quite understand that she was going to Newcastle which is about a half an hour.
We popped into the Bakery and I picked up two muffins, four cookies and a dairy free hot chocolate - yay! Then we popped into Tim Horton's for a treat for Fiona, and then we headed south to the lake. I've been to the bakery a few times, but we never went down to the lake, until today.
Just south of Newcastle is the historic village of Bond Head. There was a little marina, and a cute little beach covered in ice, snow and geese.
It was a quick little adventure with my Fiona. I love getting to hang out with them one on one which I don't do often enough, but cherish when I get the chance!











No comments:
Post a Comment