Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Last Day of School

Kate, Alice and Fiona had their last day of grade 7, 5 and 3. This morning as I was leaving I said to Ken, "you should take a last day of school picture", something that hasn't been part of our family tradition, and he said "nope, I don't want to take more pictures", lol, so no last day of school pics!

I asked each girl to summarize her school year.
Kate: A literal hell but I learned to accept it.
Alice: Boring. I just don't like school.
Fiona: Fun and amazing and I love my teacher!
I will never underestimate the value of a great teacher! And I will never cease taking the words of my teen and preteen with a grain of salt!🤪
I'm so thankful for the summer. I'm so thankful for amazing teachers and a great public school system. It isn't perfect that's for sure, but dang my colleagues are amazing people that do amazing things in their classrooms. Pandemic teaching has been an absolute beast! (Especially teaching hybrid in York Region, 😔😳) Rest up teacher friends, you deserve it!
Friends and family that don't have a whole summer off, I hope you get some time to rest and rejuvenate! Everyone deserves adequate holiday time!
Happy summer Ontario friends!! (One more day YRDSB, we got this!)

No comments: