When I moved to Harry Bowes in 2020 I took a reduction in time. I've been full time since I started in 2000. When I went back to work after Fiona I wanted to be part time, but it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't thrilled about being part time at this point in time, but I took the reduction in time in order to get closer to home. My principal assured me he would do what he could to get me back to full time when anything became available and so began being 0.74 - sort of!
Last year an LTO of .21 was available so I was .95 - part LTO, part contract from September - June. I finished early three times a week - 30 minutes early two days a week and 10 minutes early once a week. It was pretty perfect as it allowed me to pick up the girls three times a week - twice on foot. (When we were in school mind you!) And I was pretty much full time, it was perfect!
This year I was back to .74. First I was offered an additional .11 that Tim thought would be added to my contract, but it wasn't. So for the first three weeks of school I was .85, .74 contract and .11 LTO. Reorganization is a thing that happens every September if the projected numbers from the previous year don't match up with the actual numbers in September. We had a huge reorganization and I was offered another .15 LTO making me essentially full time, but the paperwork was a bit of a nightmare because of the two parts LTO and the one part full time. One of the not fun consequences of this plus a new person working as an LTO/payroll person at the board was I wasn't paid properly from Sept-November.
When I discovered what had happened and started emailing people I learned a lot, and went through a whole range of emotions! EEK! It was a crazy few days with many tears shed.
On Monday, November 15th Tim - my principal walked into the music room to show me an email. The email was an offer, if I wanted it, to as of today (Monday, November 15th) make me full time 100% no more LTO/contract nonsense. I couldn't even believe it!
One of the secretaries in the office is convinced that it's because of the big screw up that this was changed. I don't know the reason, I'm just grateful, so very, very grateful for the result. I feel so blessed. I'm full time again, no wondering what's happening next year or the year after that, it's done. Harry Bowes has been a great school to land at, I really like it here. The kids are great, the parents are great and the staff I work with is really wonderful!
I feel like this is a blessing from my Father in Heaven. This transfer was so many years in the making, but it was so worth the wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment