I love my Saturday morning walks with Ken and Milo. We pretty much always walk to the lake and inevitably I need to take pictures, breathe deeply and exclaim "I love where I live!"
Walking home we saw some trees that grew around and through a fence. The tenacity of living things always leaves me in awe. Growing through adversity. It's amazing.
After our walk we went home and collected the girls. Kate had a hair appointment at Chatter's. I dropped Kate off and then walked across the parking lot to meet Ken and the girls at Ren's Pets with Milo. It was Milo's first trip to the pet store he he. Ken wanted to find Milo a coat. Two coats were tried, but neither was quite right, so Ken is going to order the right size online.
Kate's hair looks super cute! She suits a short bob so very well!
We got the girls lunch and then Ken and I headed out for our afternoon adventure!
We started with Greek food on the Danforth at Mezes, so so good!Then we made our way to Hype Food - to pick up some Gluten Free baked treats and then it was off to the Crow's Theatre.
After the show with Dahlia and Zorana.
The show poster.
Zorana's name on the marquee!
A show photo taken by Aleksandar Antonijevic, borrowed from Zorana's Facebook wall. I've known Zorana since grade 2. We don't see each other very often these days, but we're still in touch. Zorana put together a one woman show about her life in sound.
My Facebook post today: One of my dearest and longest friends has created a show, Mixtape. (Now on at the Crow's Theatre!) Zorana explores her life through sound and music. I saw it this afternoon and this show is going to stay with me for a long time, it's brilliant. If you live in the Toronto area you have one more week to see Zorana on stage where she belongs!
Listening is an act of love. ~Zorana Sadiq
It was such a satisfying show. Deeply satisfying. Big cries and big laughs. I adore my sweet friend and I couldn't be more proud of her. I'm so grateful for the arts!
No comments:
Post a Comment