Monday, September 03, 2018

The First Day of School Eve

Nothing says back to school like cleaning your rooms! I cleaned my room - which meant clearing the tops of dressers and dusting. Kate cleaned her own room, go Kate! Fiona put more toys in her room, but it's mostly okay. And Alice, Alice wasn't particularly helpful, but her room was ridiculous, I'm pleased to announce that she has a floor again! YAY!

After we lunched and finished cleaning rooms we went to the Grandparents to swim. Uncle Andrew popped in - the silver lining of his car breaking down, was seeing him as he came to pick up Mom's car for a few days. Grandma ordered pizza which was nice, and then it was time to go home and make the final preparations.


When we got home we tidied up the family room, found all of the backpacks and lunch bags and then Ken gave each of the girls, and me, a blessing. Blessings are so special. I'm so grateful for a worthy priesthood holder that can give our girls blessings.

Alice - was blessed with health, energy and to be a great example to other students around her, to help her teacher, to be a joy to those around her. She was encouraged to set a good example at home to her sisters and her parents and to have a sunny outlook.

Fiona - was blessed to look forward to school every day, to get up ready to help and get herself ready, to bring a smiling face to her friends at school and to be a good example to the younger kids. She was blessed with health, to treat her teachers well and be thankful for them. She was blessed to be good going to sleep, and show kindness to her sisters and her parents.

Kate - was blessed to help her fellow students learn, and help them to feel at home in class. She was blessed with patience with her parents and sisters. She was blessed to have health and find joy in activity. She was blessed to make the best decisions and look out for those who need help, to not be afraid to talk to other people, and to get enough rest and to feel good.

Wendy - I was blessed to have joy and find passion in my work, to see the difference I'm making in the lives of the students I teach. I was encouraged to go to bed early, to get up early to be calmer, and to have the discipline to do this. I was blessed with safety as I travel every day on the 401. I was blessed to find balance in my work and home life, and to ask for help when I need it.

Here's to another year! Here's to being happy and doing good, and enjoying life. Ken and I are going to do our best to find happiness in the everyday.

No comments: