Sunday, September 09, 2018

One week down...

Back to school for four days, and I have not yet lost my mind! And I have even felt happy most of the week - I think maybe even the whole week!

Ken was awesome on Tuesday, the girls were smiling, he took great pictures and everyone had a great day!

Kate - grade 4
Alice - grade 2
Fiona - Senior Kindergarten
Sisters!
Kate is in a 4/5 split. Her homeroom teacher is Miss Leonard and she's in a portable. Alice is in a grade 2/3 split. Her homeroom teacher is Madame Mudahy, and she's in room 208 on the second floor. Fiona is in a JK/SK split - which is the norm for all kindergarten classes now, and she has the same teaching team that she did last year - Ms. Merinero and Ms. Coulis.

They were really happy and everyone had a great day! I should have taken a selfie on the first day, but I didn't. Instead I took a pic of the shiny hallways...

We didn't have a very interesting week, it was the first week back to school after all. On Friday night we had some fun though. Alice went to a play date at Izzie's house, and I took Fiona and Kate to Tim Horton's, then to Ken's office, and then the four of us went to dinner at Kelsey's. Afterward Fiona and I picked up Alice, and Ken took Kate to IKEA to get a new mattress. Saturday was a mostly quiet day. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's to swim, visit and eat dinner.






Today at church Ken gave a talk - which was great - he spoke mainly about raising resilient children. We need to help them develop their testimonies, experience failures and second chances, and learn to take chastisement. I went to Relief Society for the first time in a long time - and that's where I'll be from now on. I was released from Primary, where I've been serving on and off since 2010. I'm now going to be serving as the secretary in Relief Society.

Here's to another great week! Oh except poor Fiona is sick, she barfed this afternoon. Hopefully she'll feel much better tomorrow and she'll be back to school on Tuesday, poor little thing. "Mommy, why do I feel so bad? I don't want to feel like this."

No comments: