Saying goodbye stinks. STINKS! It feels really drastic this time leaving my sister on the opposite side of the country. I don't like it one bit. It took a while to finish packing and get organized. Ken was really patient and didn't rush me, and that was really nice. I missed Joey. He went out to mow some lawns with some new friends and he was out when we left. Anna had a play date this morning at 10 - she's so excited to make new friends. The girls had fun playing this morning for a bit, and we finally ended up leaving shortly after 11.
Our first stop was going back to Suzanne's... Alice somehow didn't hear me tell her to pee seventeen times! We got on the road and Fiona started asking for food, but wanted all the food, so we stopped in Orem to pick up baggies, so that I could make a snack bag for Fiona. The drive through the canyon was so beautiful. Ken wanted to do the back route and we did. I took too many pics out the car window.
Going the back route meant a very special stop today!! We drove through Vernal. It was P-Day and I was able to email back and forth just enough to figure out where to meet up with Maggie aka Sis. Egan. It was so awesome to be able to visit with her for a little bit. She's doing great. Just finishing up in her first area on her mission. She transfers to Salem on Wednesday. She told me she was feeling nervous about it, but us visiting her has helped calm her down. I wanted to see her too because I miss her Mom so much. I didn't tell her that, but it felt like I was visiting my Heidi - in part. It was a tender mercy to be able to see her today.
After Vernal it was back on the road. Our final destination being Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I took some silly pics of dinosaurs - we were in dinosaur country. We drove past a dinosaur museum that looked pretty cool, and we drove through Dinosaur, Colorado. FUN! Oh and we could see the smoke from a couple of fires - cool but not cool.
The hotel has an awesome pool - the girls had fun swimming, and there's a gondola up the mountain, that I think we'll go on in the morning.
I'm thankful, so thankful for this trip, for the time I've had with family, and for the amazing people and places that we're seeing along the way!































No comments:
Post a Comment