Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Perfect Storybook Day

Today could have been a sad mopey day, but I didn't want it to be, and what with wanting to fill as many days as possible with as much fun as possible, we said goodbye to Suzanne and then got organized - slowly, and left to drive to London, Ontario. I had reached out to Shawn to see when we could figure out a trip to London to see them and today was picked.

On our way to London we made a fun pit stop. We stopped for lunch, but the reason we chose the exit we did, was so we could go to Krispy Kreme. Ken and I had a precursor to a first date at Krispy Kreme. Sonia and I had gone out to a movie and after the movie I told her I thought I liked Ken, so we called up Ken and took him to Krispy Kreme. The store had opened in December 2001, and in February 2002 when we went the line ups were still crazy and we ended up buying donuts from someone in the parking lot that had bought too many, because the store was closed and the drive-thru line up was around the corner and down the street. Today, we stopped for lunch at A&W then bought 1/2 dozen donuts. I thought Kate would love them - she loves timbits and I thought she'd love them, but she didn't. She thought they were okay. It was still fun to go back for the first time in 15 years!

We were awfully late getting to London, I think we barely had three hours left of Storybook Gardens being open, but it ended up being the perfect amount of time. I have weird/vague memories of going as a kid. It has changed a lot.



After we closed the place we made our way over to Shawn, Sean and Cooper's house. We had a lovely BBQ dinner, the kids played, fun was had by all, and of course we needed to take some couch pictures before we said goodbye.
Thank you Shawn for making today a special day for me! It's always worth the drive to London!

No comments: