At the beginning of February when it was time to pick a date and think about a guest list, she was set, a Robot Party, and so we had one! Silver decorations, robot loot bags, a decorate the robot blind-folded game, and the pièce de résistance - a Robot Cake made by Maurie. (Thanks Grandma for getting such a special cake for Alice!)
We invited Scarlett (our neighbour and friend from church), four friends from Alice's class, Holden, Lauren and of course, our three girls! Three of the four friends from school were able to come, Violet, Shiloh and Brianna. We marathon cleaned all last night and this morning, and earlier in the week Alice, Fiona and I shopped during Activity Days. This morning we did a little decorating after the cleaning, and we were ready to go!
Activity #1 was to decorate our Robot Loot bags. They were pretty cute, but I underestimated the amount of glitter glue that would be used, and therefore did not plan adequate drying time... oops.
Activity #2 was to play decorate the robot blind-folded. Kate wanted to be in charge of this and so she was. It was pretty cute. I was distracted, and forgot to take pictures, so I took a picture of Kate and the finished product.
Activity #3 was the pinata. I'm a little sad that I didn't even attempt to make one, but I'm also okay with the fact that I work full time and my life is full! We found a transformer pinata at Bulk Barn and Alice thought it was perfect.
Then the kids played while Ken went to pick up the pizza, and then it was food.
And the cake!
After the cake Alice sat and opened her presents. She was very happy.
I just asked Alice what her favourite part of the party was, "eating cake". It was fun, and oddly enough, peaceful! Happy Birthday again Alice! We love you!
1 comment:
Wonderful, looks like happiness for all. You did a great job Mom and Dad and Maurie too xxx
Post a Comment