Friday, March 10, 2017

The Dad aka Grandpa Turns 77

The girls had their first day of March Break today - lucky ducks! Uncle Andrew - the best uncle ever, decided that he would spend his day off with his nieces. He slept over after going to a movie with Ken the night before and was woken up bright and early in our busy house.

The girls had lots of fun with their uncle. The built an epic blanket fort, met some friends with dogs, went to McDonald's, and then they were brought to Grandma and Grandpa's to swim and celebrate Grandpa's Birthday.


I should start asking Dad some funny old people birthday questions! He was so cute with Kate when it was time to blow out the candles. He kept telling her she needed to help him. He did one blow and said in a funny pathetic voice "I just don't have air, I need your help", and Kate gladly helped. We had a nice night.

When I got home I wrote the following on Facebook:
Happy birthday to my Daddy. Lucky 77 today. So many of my memories growing up are of Dad in the kitchen. We were awful doing our chores. It was pretty much a guarantee that if you left the dishes long enough Dad would do them. He always cleaned up the kitchen, every night. He always helped around the house, and usually with a smile while singing to himself. He's always been a happy guy. I love you Dad!

No comments: