Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Alice's Birthday

She wanted to wear a special outfit today. I love that she likes wearing dresses. I think it's so cute. (I don't really care for dresses myself, so part of it is that I like that she is an independent thinker.)  I told her I needed to take some pictures of her. And she wouldn't let me finish until she'd done a few different poses, including over the shoulder!




Alice chose spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and she managed to stay mostly clean - GO ALICE! We completed the birthday questions during the meal. After dinner Alice, Fiona and I went to the mall to pick out a present. She said she wanted something remote control or a robot. (She's having a robot party on Saturday.) We walked into Mastermind, and I walked to the science area, but not before Alice saw the Hatchimals. This past Christmas Hatchimals were 'the' toy. Alice wanted one for Christmas and they were sold out everywhere. Ken and I told her that if she still really wanted one in February we would get one for her birthday.

We looked at a mouse robot and we took ten steps away from it and Alice turned and said, "I just want a Hatchimal". And so it was. She happily picked out a pink one. To me, the funniest part was when she asked for it to be wrapped up!

While we were out Kate and Ken iced the cupcakes. When we got home Alice opened her present - and surprise surprise, it was a Hatchimal! She held her egg Then we followed the instructions until Emily hatched. There was a lot of rubbing and patting the egg. It's eyes glowed different colours depending on its needs.

After Emily hatched we sang happy birthday, ate cupcakes and it was time for bed. Alice was also the special person at her school today, and yesterday was a holiday. All in all, a pretty fantastic birthday! We love our Alice!



No comments: