We've talked about going to the Pageant so many times, but there was always a reason not to go. It's late, it isn't exactly around the corner, and we've had really small kids for a really long time! This year though, it seemed to make perfect sense, we'd go on the way to Connecticut, and so we did. We meant to leave earlier in the afternoon, but we didn't. We enjoyed some construction traffic and moments of panic, but we made it with a few minutes to spare.
I had forgotten the feeling at Pageant. The Hill Cumorah is such a holy place, and the Pageant just kicks that up into high gear. All of the actors walking around, Kate ate it up. It had been such a long time since I'd gone - I honestly don't remember the last time. The set up has changed a lot. The parking is all on the same side of the highway as the hill, crossing the road used to be a big deal because of the anti-mormons, but they weren't there. And the parking, it was so well organized, all of it, it is just so well done.
All three girls really enjoyed it, but of course it meant the most to Kate, being the oldest, and the most awake. I guess my opinion isn't totally fair. Alice sat beside Ken, Kate sat beside me and Fiona was on my lap. I didn't hear the conversations that Alice and Ken were having. I just know that Kate and I both had tears a number of times. It is impossible not to feel the spirit testifying of the truth of the things that you are watching.
After the show when we were lining up to go to the bathroom an older woman asked Kate what her favourite part was. Kate was boggled that she could have just one favourite part as she exclaimed "all of it was my favourite." It was such a beautiful night.
I love being able to share spiritual experiences with my girls. I love building their houses of faith, their foundations. I am so glad that we took the time to go and see the Pageant. I'm not sure if we'll go every year, but maybe every other year. It was just so special.
We drove to Geneva that night and stayed in a hotel. The next morning we wanted to swim but the pool didn't open until 10, so we enjoyed breakfast, and then we went for a walk. Geneva is on Seneca Lake, the waterfront area was pretty.
After walking around the town a bit more we went back the hotel, had a fun swim, everyone had a bath/shower, and then at noon we set out for Connecticut! Bacon Family reunion, here we come!





No comments:
Post a Comment