Friday, June 05, 2015

Nursing

Alice still, every so often, will ask to nurse.  We laugh about it, I tickle her and say no.  She and Fiona nurse their dolls.  I remember at the baby classes Ken and I went to before Kate - we had a session about breastfeeding.  The instructor asked who wasn't afraid of nursing working out.  I raised my hand.  I explained that my mother was a lactation consultant and that breastfeeding was what you did, and it would be what I did.  To which the instructor replied that I had grown up in a culture of breastfeeding.  I hope my girls grow up with that same feeling.  I hope that I will be able to help them, like my Mom helped me.

And we won't say a word about the fact that Alice thinks she's supposed to nurse her baby at her waist... nope, not a word.


No comments: