I'd been driving past the sign every day for a month "Farm Open House". When the girls saw the enormous inflatable cow, the excitement was tangible. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd never been to a farm open house before. I've been to farms to play, where they are set up to play, but this is a real, working dairy farm.
The weather was iffy - we weren't sure if we were going to get rained on or not, and it was quite cool, almost cold - I was cold in a t-shirt, but other than that, the rain held off and it was great. The girls immediately went for the bouncy castle, then there was face painting, then the "learning" tent, then a tour of the barn, a milking demonstration, and best of all, free lunch! We were all given a hot dog, a milk beverage, and an ice cream treat. Farm day was as awesome as the gigantic inflatable cow had promised it to be!




















No comments:
Post a Comment