Friday, May 25, 2012

Eating Sand

I felt well enough that I kept the girls home with me yesterday and today.  The only thing preventing me from being happy about going back to work on Monday (not counting being away from my girls) is the prospect of having to do up my pants.  The bruising is YUCKY!

Today was lovely.  We played outside, we played inside, and we played outside some more.  When we played outside this morning I told Alice repeatedly not to eat the sand... this afternoon I gave in and just photographed her instead.  Someday she might be mad or maybe just grossed out.  I remember my brother Jon eating a popsicle that had fallen in the dirt under the swingset, and it had ants on it.  Kids eat gross things.


And then there's Kate bathing in the water part of the sand/water table - which really just means the mud table!  I've also given up trying to prevent them from mixing the sand with the water.  If I didn't want them to mix the sand and the water, I shouldn't have bought this table!  (The girls were bathed tonight so they both went to bed clean - yay!)


We have so many pretty flowers in our garden.  I'm so glad that the previous owners of the house planted so many perennials.  Anyone know what the flowers are here?
Kate picks Forget-Me-Nots for me.  It's pretty cute because of all the confusion with pronouns she calls them I-Forget-It-Nots.
Sometimes Kate has a hard time being a big sister.  Kate is often taking toys away from Alice, or yelling at her for something, but thankfully there are also cute moments.  They were playing at the cottage window - some sort of peek-a-boo and they were both laughing.  I should have made a video - it was so cute!
Today made me excited for the summer.  I'm so looking forward to being with my girls all day everyday!

3 comments:

Traeger Tribe said...

Oh Wendy this is my favorite time of the year too! LOVE being outside with the boys... I'm much nicer when we're outside - ha ha :)

Traeger Tribe said...

Oh and I'm glad you're starting to feel better :)

Bates Blogger said...

I like when my kids play nicely too. Sigh. I wish I knew what the flowers were. I feel like that part of my brain doesn't work right. The identifying things in the natural world part. I love all the pictures!