I would love to write something about Mother's Day that is both witty and profound. One that reassures all the Mommies out there that they're doing a great job - that it's okay to do things your own way. A post that will go viral because it so perfectly encapsulates what it means to be a mother in today's modern age. But that would take time, energy, creativity and mental clarity. And right now all of (well most of) my time, energy and creativity is reserved for my beautiful, busy girls. (I'm not really sure there's ever any mental clarity.)
I'm grateful for the wonderful Mom that raised me and the wonderful Mom that raised my sweet Ken. And I am so grateful to be a Mom to my two girls. Below are our best attempts at a Mother's Day photo. I wanted one of the three of us together but between Alice squirming off my lap and Kate lifting her dress over her face, it was just not meant to be... kind of like the profundity of this post!
2 comments:
Love it. You are always profound and witty, even when you're not trying.
Cute pics!
Post a Comment