Sunday, January 08, 2012

Kate Day

The day began with the opening of one present.  I was pretty sure that Kate would like him...


... and I was right, she loves her Barney!

After breakfast we went to church.  I took Alice into nursery to drop off Kate and take a few pictures.  Kate absolutely loves going to nursery.  And she absolutely adores Bro. and Sis. Gosling.  They are such amazing nursery leaders.  They love the kids.  I am so thankful for them.


After church we drove to Grandma and Grandpa's home to open more presents, then play with the presents, then have birthday dinner and cake!  She received a Sesame Street building from Grandma and Grandpa, a doctor bag from Mom and Dad, and Dora, Swiper and Boots little people toys from Alice.  For dinner we had breakfast because it is Kate's favourite meal.  Specifically, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and strawberries, YUM!














Kate had a fun day.  She loved her presents and her Dora cake... not so much the cake, just that it had Dora, Diego and Boots on it.  The cake was an icecream cake, a Bacon Family tradition.  Kate's favourite part of a cake is the icing, which isn't really like normal icing on an ice-cream cake.  She did eat a few bites though. I thought the cake was so good - world class chocolate, yum!
Two funny things from the day, the first being that she can't say three.  It sounds kind of like flea.  The second, having just had Christmas and New Years, the custom is that when someone says Merry Christmas or Happy New Year, you say it back.  So every time someone said Happy Birthday to Kate today, she wished them a Happy Birthday right back.  And in the same vein, she tried to give one of her presents to Grandma and one to Alice.
So my darling girl, Happy Birthday!  We just love you so much!

No comments: